Nautilus plugin

@laurent_delrieu But the cost of the plug-in? There is no price indication on the site.

The price will be on food4rhino. But i have to make it clear what is included or not.

2 Likes

There is also a tool to populate an image
2 first images with standard settings and use of Remove Overlapping Circles and if you don’t want to use it, use the Cs Output of Populate an Image

8 Likes

And now on 0.5 version a tool to make hexagons on a surface with seams, like a revolved one a tube, a pipe, … You just have to give a surface, a number of ring and to specify the orientation
It will gives quite regular hexagons/polylines with 7 points.

Look at this discussion to have more tools and tricks

8 Likes

Today I added on 0.6 version some new tools

Gilbert Tessellation (2D and 3D)

Belousov-zhabotinsky reaction /Stepped Bump on Dual Mesh

SnowFlake growth/Stepped Bump on Dual Mesh

Noise on Mesh

12 Likes

I added a 0.7 version.

there is a tool too color the faces of the dual mesh (color at the vertex of the mesh)

A component apply directly the color to the mesh vertices.

Mesh colored is now seen as an output for Reaction Diffusion

Script to do that (licence level 1 needed to get this result)

6 Likes

Following these discussions and for a future release (0.8)

I made an implementation in my Nautilus plugin of stable positions of a list of objects. In order to work it needs some geometries that are closed (volume and centroid calculation). Using Pack it is possible to see all the stables positions.

Cow is funny, 9 stable positions

I also added a 3d convex hull, not a lot of news except that it accept many type of geometries (point, curve, brep, surface …). This rely on Grasshopper SDK tool GH_convert.ToMesh( …)

As Easter is approaching I added some eggs

Also I add coloring if multiple meshes are outputted

5 Likes

This looks more like it’s Christmas every week with all those new tools to discover !..

Most of the tools are old ones that I made to answer some questions.
I have also

• YANG Nodes.
  • From Mesh To DualMesh Transition.
  • Image knitting.
  • MacroWindow(Morpheus).
  • Wire bundling
  • blur line
  • Geodesic wave front
  • Roof generator (medial axis)
  • Medial axis for shapes with holes
  • Growing circles/anemone
  • Curve suppress prockets (for tools like CNC)
  • Manhattan voronoi
  • Some patterns ( Hybycozo style)
  • Image thinner
  • Interlocked spiral
  • and surely some others

And I keep some just for me and some need a licence to work well.

5 Likes

Version 0.8 published
I added my version of Curve Divide Distances (work with linear search), thanks for the interface (wrap), I also implemented yours but it stays on my PC but you could surely make a plugin. Just an advise, separate gha from the tools, so make a library.

Mesh Cage morph, useful to use @DanielPiker MeshCageMoprh2

Quad Mesh groove

Mesh Quad strip (for also for triangles but not good)

8 Likes

Nice work!
Also - in Rhino 8, as an alternative to MeshCageMorph you could use MorphToMesh to map geometry to the hexagons from your HexagonOnSurface component

MorphToNautilusHexagons.gh (75.0 KB)

10 Likes

I am working on some new components. It is like the Region Slit from Grasshopper but I tried to add some new features, engulfed curves and non perpendicular planes. It is intended to output shapes that could be done with a 2D cutter(a saw, cnc). It works quite well but it has some limitations as it is not using 3D boolean, just 2D boolean (could be not assembled, if the end of a curve is too near from another curve …)
Here an example very simple.

I get that

Grasshopper slits

It seems to give a sort of puzzle

8 Likes

Version 0.9 was added with some new components
Loxodrome, Loxodrome Piped

Color Mesh Weights

Mesh Remove Color : a component that removes all the colors on vertices for a mesh.

Spiral4D : related to this discussion

Smoothing Weights on Mesh 1: Laplacian Smoothing of weights associated to vertices of a mesh, this algorithm uses Rodolphe Vaillant and Daniel Piker tools Diffusing / smoothing weight map over a triangular mesh. - Rodolphe Vaillant's homepage Discrete Laplacian - #21 by DanielPiker
Smoothing Weights on Mesh 2 : Laplacian smoothing of weights associated to vertice of a mesh, this algorithm uses @DanielPiker tool published Discrete Laplacian - #21 by DanielPiker

Region Slits Ext & Extrude sheets : see previous presentation

Mesh Reaction Diffusion Extended

Gilbert Tesselation fans

Subdivide Mesh and Weights : A tool that subdivide mesh using Catmull & Clark method and it is doing the same to the weights associated to vertices (see result on the middle donut)

6 Likes

Having hens I can confirm the egg shapes are on point :grin: :chicken:
Really great work you are doing here, thank you for sharing it with us!

1 Like

I added Nautilus to the Package Manager

Some news
“Crochet”

Spiral from Polyline

10 Likes

I updated Nautilus and added 3 components
Curve Region Offset
This component take a list of curves as input and put polylines in a datatree, first polyline in each branch is the contour and if other polylines are holes

This component output also the offsets
Positive offset for contour and negative offset for holes

Negative offset for contour and positive offset for holes

Group Curves by Region
The same as before without the offset

Spirals From Curve
Generate spirals that fills a closed planar curve. Not very good when curves are too irregular.

5 Likes

Applicazioni pratiche di Nautilus

dopo

ho postato Nautilus nel forum italiano in un mio topic aperto, posterò i progressi successivi.

2 Likes

Dear Laurent, can you give me a hint how the mesh puzzling and clustering can be done with Nautilus?

Hello Christian,
“complex” puzzling is not in standard Nautilus version (free or paid). Just that

Thank you for the clarification. Are the also no plans to add this in the future?