My Rhino UI - users gallery

I use a StreamDeck:

They have small screens that are fully customizable, you can add groups(for functions that are related), they can also have preset that are program specific. They’re fantastic tools. They recently added a 32 key one that I already want.

2 Likes

Thanx for all the imput, it made me think a little bit about the layout of toolbars I have. I like to have most of the commands I use visible plus top 5 commands I use all the time for modeling are under ctrl + 1-5

Cheers !

Like that … ?

Hi all,
just started to customize my Rhino to be more friendly for working at night.
Currently I try to find out how to batch replace the Tool Icons with my “halo” versions of the default ones, to maintain readability on dark backgrounds. I couldnt figure it out yet. Any ideas how this can be achieved?

I found the icon files here and updated them with a photoshop batch action adding an outside shine effect: Rhino Toolbar Images [McNeel Wiki]

1 Like

Hi @AlanMattano I recognize you replaced the Icons on the “My Rhino (wish)” picture.
Is this the edit of a screenshot, or did you actually replace the icons? If yes, could you explain how you did it? Im currently trying exactly that, but couldnt manage to do it yet.

1 Like

@alex.lexwerk
Is the edit in Photoshop of a screenshot. I try a lot of combinations till I get that interface example. But is only a JPG image. I invert the colors of the image. It is a possible proposal. In theory, you can invert each icon pix and get the same result. But don´t know if in practice works. If you do so let me know.

Note: You can use Actions tools in Photoshop to do the task automatically for an entire folder.

Thanks for the update!
I created my Icons with a Photoshop action as well. The problem occurs when it comes to replacing the updated Icons in Rhinos interface. I wondered if there is a an icon folder somewhere in the installation, that I can replace the icons in, instead of changing them one by one in the Rhino UI.

Also Im happy to share my updated Icons if someone is interested. Will probably still do some tweaks.

3 Likes