Missing Visarq elements in Interactive Render

I’m currently testing out vray5 with visualarq elements. It seems to render everything out fine when using standard vray render. However, the visuarq elements are often (though not always) missing when rendering with vray interactive. I’ve tested this in both rhino 6 and rhino 7. Any ideas?

render with vray

render with vray interactive

So this never got any kind of response. But I’ll post anyway that I appear to have figured out a workaround for the time being.

Apparently if you isolate a non-block/visarq geometry like a box and then start the interactive render, unhiding all objects then allows the interactive render to show the visarq geometry.

Hi @arcus,

Sorry for the late reply. VisualARQ doesn’t support yet the V-Ray’s interactive mode.

This has been already discussed here:
https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/vray-interactive-render-problem-with-visualarq/
https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/vray-interacive-render/

You are right that a workaround is to hide/show, update, move, etc, the existing objects.
New inserted objects during the render session will be visible.

We will let you know when this is fixed.

Kind regards

Thanks Ramon,

I’m still evaluating the use of vray. I use rhino with visualarq extensively and am considering a good rendering software that makes for a seamless workflow. Do yall have recommendations for the best renderer that plays well with visualarq geometry?
I’ve used enscape and twinmotion in the past and have considered lumion, but it seems there are issues with UV mapping of the nurbs blocks that causes extra steps to fix. Maybe its because of the GPU rendering? Any insight and software recommendations would be appreciated.

thanks

I have not much experience with render engines, but I would say that apart from the native Rhino render, V-Ray is the one that works better with VisualARQ. The main limitation unfortunately is the interactive render, which we will try to fix.

I have tried the connection with Twinmotion and there were some problems with materials and synchronization of VisualARQ objects updates. In general I would say that since the process is more complex because the model is actually exported to Twinmotion there are more chances that it doesn’t work.

However if I were you I would try each one a little bit to make a decision.

Hello!
We use Rhino 7 / VisualArq / Enscape3D. There are problems with the UV mapping of VA objects in Enscape. After exploding them, the mapping is shown correctly. I will post some testscene in time.

Why Enscape: it’s blazingly fast, has a good asset library right at your fingertips, and is embedded into Rhino. Lumion/Twinmotion etc. are all nice an fast, but it’s a good thing being able to set materials and place assets directly in Rhino.
Best regards
Eugen

Eugen,

I agree, I really like Enscape, specifically for Revit. I’ve used it in the past a previous firms. If I remember correctly, I think we were able to get the UVs to work correctly in rhino by tediously setting each one to its own UV box mapping, but the WCS mapping wouldn’t seem to work. I remember that was the case with regular rhino objects and thought it might have been the same for visarq objects as well.
I think the quality of the enscape renders and the level of control still has a bit to go to catch up with vray and lumion. But I totally agree, enscape is great. It’s so fast and simple.