I just wanted you to know how much of a step forward NextLimit has made with the Maxwell Render plugin for Rhino 6 on the mac.
I know this is very subjective, and everyone has a different point of view and also different needs.
Why I think it is now worth a real consideration:
- Multilight is working properly, you can also group lights and emitters
- FIRE is integrated and works well - you can now look at a render preview in your viewport
- Maxwell Materials are integrated in the Rhino Materials menu (mw 5.1), no materials popup needed. Much simpler and most importantly faster
- you can now hide light sources
- you can work with the Rhino sun which is integrated
Rhino mac and Maxwell play very well togehter now.
There are stil some small flaws, for example the camera output name or the lack of grass and sea…
When I was an architecture student I was in love with Maxwell, then I switched to mac. And now, after many years there is a decent MW version for Rhino mac! I love it.