Materials go full transparent when using ViewCaptureToFile

Hello Community,

When in Rendered Mode and using Capture Viewport to File (or Capture Viewport to Clipboard) some Materials become Transparency. In Raytraced Mode, there is no issue. The issue only happens, when “Transparent Background” is turned on. When turned off there is no problem. Independently of material type, white Materials (100% White) do not have the issue, and dark/black materials become transparent. Changing to Material Type Custom solves the issue. However, I can not change all Material types, as I am working with a shared Material Library and Block Instances that already have Materials applied that I can not change.

The issue seems to only occur on my PC, as colleagues can open the file(s) and do not come over this issue.

See attached screenshots and the Rhino File with some Materials and System Info.

Rhino System Info.txt (2.5 KB)
Rhino Display Issue.3dm (2.6 MB)

Something in a recent update caused this issue. I was rendering in R7 with _ViewCaptureToFile fine until I let the latest update install. Mind that I haven´t updated for a few months.

In any case - is there a rollback feature in Rhino7? Quick search didn´t show anything. Thank´s

1 Like

Hi -

Thanks. I’ve put this on the list as RH-70307 ViewCapture: Materials become transparent
-wim

2 Likes

Thanks, I hope this will be fixed as soon as possible! :slight_smile:

1 Like

RH-70307 is fixed in Rhino 7 Service Release 23

2 Likes

@brian downloaded and installed the new Release Candidate. The problem is fixed now for me. Thank you for the quick fix. :slight_smile: