Material and Light Issue Rhino8

Hello,

I am currently trying to recreate the light below.

I have tried to adjust the material of the lamp shade so that the light goes through. However, it continuous to contain the light inside the object as pictured.

I’m not too sure how else I can allow the light to pass through.
Any suggestions are appreciated or if I have missed a similar query please share.

Hello- it’s hard to say without a file - plase you post it, or send to tech@mcneel.com, if it is confidential, with a link back to this topic in your comments.

-Pascal

1 Like

Quick test scene by myself with both say point light or an object with emissive material appears to be working fine when using a regular glass material

1 Like

If you use an emitter material maybe try to model a very slight „pillow effect“ (that the middle point of the object is the deepest) to the light plate.

1 Like

To me (without a 3dm file it’s a guess), it looks like the opaque objects around your light object are still casting shadows which makes the light not seen. Select those objects and in the Properties panel disable Casts Shadows.

1 Like

Thank you for the responses.

What worked for me was turning off the shadows for the rest of the lamp’s structure.

Appreciate all the help!