Manual dimension input

Hi All, you know when you double click on a dimension you can change what it states hy typing in anything. Can I click on the dimension only once ( along with some other operation) and do the same as above?
Example, sometimes it is difficult to double click on a dimension in a highly populated drawing of objects without somehow isolating things first. Thanks—Mark

Hi Mark,

you could try this macro and put in on a button or create an alias for it:

_Select _Pause _-Properties _Dimension _Pause _EnterEnd

Works best if one or more dimensions are preselected. After entering the new value into the commandline, press ENTER.

c.

@Pascal, do you see this ? It seems that sometimes above macro works and sometimess not. I´ve tested this in Rhino 5, there the “Edit dimension” button in the Dimension toolbar does nothing.

If i try to script a dimension property in the WIP using:

_Select _Pause _-Properties _LinearDimension

i get this:

:confused:

c.

Thanks Clement, I will surely give that a try.—Mark

Alternatively, if you have the Properties panel permanently docked/open, single clicking on a dimension will bring it up there and you can edit the content in the top-most window. That has the advantage that it gives quick access to things like diameter, +/- and degree symbols. The disadvantage is that it adds a lot of mouse miles if you’ve got a large screen.

You can also use the selection filter to reduce the number of erroneous picks. Right-click on ‘Annotations’ and you’ll then only be able to select text and dimensions. Right-clicking it again sets the selection filters back to their previous state.

MattE, I like that even better. Thank you—Mark

Hi Clement - the V6 macro is ‘pending’ but when it’s all working it should allow changing to a different dimension style, as I understand the plan - that is, users will not get command line access to the full guts of the dimension style - it is getting very complex and would be a nightmare at the command line, but applying a different style will be possible.

The V5 macro does bring up the expected page in Properties here.

-Pascal

Just found when it fails, if you run my macro from above and accidentally click on the _Match option in the commandline, the macro fails in all next runs. It works again after restarting rhino (5).

c.

Checking it, thanks.

-Pascal