Making an enclosed volume

Hi all, Trying to make a closed volume. Have joined all surfaces togheter, but when I check using Analyze- Mass Pro. - Volume I get the following message.

Is there a way to find easely out where the model is not closed? Needs to export this model via Step or parasolid to be used in a CAM program for machining it.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Asbjørn

Analyze Menu > Edge Tools > Show Edges > Naked Edges…

(changed category to Rhino for windows)

Hi and thanks a lot for the tip. It did the work for me, New to Rhino so do not know of all these triks to find out thinks like that. But now I have run into a new similar problem, I’m joining all naken edges between a blend and a lofted surface, but I have a point that I’m not able to join please see sketch, any idea somone? The smal pink spot int intersection between the curvs.

BRG Asbjørn,
Servogear A/S

Yeah, I’ve been having similar problems. Sometimes exploding and joining back together helps. If not it might be a tiny surface loop ( I have no idea how they are created). The following command might help…testRemoveAllNakedMicroLoops

Hei Asbjørn,
are you in control of the receiving CAM software or is this going to an external party? Just asking because you can never be totally sure how your model behaves in the other program. That one point might not be a problem or there might be other problems.

At any rate, you write that you have been joining all naked edges, what commands did you use to do that?

Solving things like this might be a combination of the test command @Tone writes, untrimming surfaces, rebuilding its edges, retrimming. If you have any geometry that you can post somebody will surely come up with a good answer.

Thanks for your replyes, the command testRemove… did the work for me, it removed the “problem”. Wim I used analyze-edge-show edge to find the naked edges. Same menu, and used “join 2 naked edges” for joining the edges, normally a gap of 0,01mm between the edges. Then testing it with finding the volume of the part to see if it is closed or not. Then I can import it as a solid part, normally via .stp file. We also go via SolidEdge for part modelling and the CAM (GibbsCAM) have a directly import function of SE files.