Making a solid out of pipes

HI !
I AM TRYING TO MAKE THE PIPES SYSTEM IN THE ATTACHED FILE - ONE SOLID IN ORDER TO GET IT SURFACE.
ALL MY LINES ARE JOINED BUT FROM SOME REASON WHEN I AM BAKING THEM THEY BREAK INTO OVERLAPPING SEGMENTS.
BECAUSE OF THIS OVERLAPS I CANT GET A REAL SURFACE/VOLUME.
HELP PLEASE

st (1).3dm (1.3 MB)
ST.gh (14.4 KB)

It is not exactly clear to me what do you try to achieve. I saw your earlier post too.
Describe what is your goal in detail.

Hi David,
I am trying to get the pipes structure total surface without the overlaps between the segments,
that means i have to turn my pipes to one solid.

Too much geometry. The solid union fails in grasshopper.

Try this. Start by creating proper solids one by one. The chords must be individual lines. Then bake to Rhino. Then if you select each truss one by one and use solid union it works. You have a nice solid truss.
After you do it for every truss the final step is to unite all.

Not a fast solution, but it will give you what you want.

You have insane amount of intersactions.

ST (22).gh (12.6 KB)

Hi David,
thanks for your time,
i tried your suggestion but the problem is that i cant get each pipe to be a solid.
even-tough my curves are all joined when i am baking the pipes they are divided into overlapping segments that would fail to boolian union/solid union.

First do the trusses, check the definition I have uploaded and you will see what I mean.

Bake my result. Start solid union on each trust individually. (It works I have tried it half an hour ago).

Then do the same logic for the remaining geometry.

Finaly solid union everything.

I saw what you mean. Sorry. This is strange indeed. There are overlaping segments and also missing ones.

That part of the problem is solved by exploding and interpolating the curves.

Try this my brother.

ST (33).gh (14.0 KB)

1 Like

Great! thank you again for the time and all the help

This is what you need more or less, no?

yes!
i mean considering the fact that its impossible to make them a solid at once.
thank you very much again

2 Likes

Hi, i said it works too early.
for some reason i cant solid union it all, and even worse for some reason im not able to project it to cplane.
here is my file: https://we.tl/t-pPm8eMqfgW

do you understand why? cause i dont

You can solve the issue with the solid union if you change the tolerance of the file. Make it a bit smaller than 0.001 or a bit bigger until it works. There are some specific points in the model where there are issues for a good solid union and it is because of tolerance.

I have no idea about the second problem you have.

It had to do with tolerance too.
thanks again ! its long but kind of works

1 Like

I have no better idea for now… Solid Union is kind of shady at times.

try to rebuild curves you will get equal segments and you can apply pipe to the new curves

That is done. The trouble is to Union it all. He needs everything to be one giant solid at the end.

ok
i think it’s better to convert all pipes to mesh and join them ; the result in one mesh in rhino

He needs to trim the intersections.

like that ?