LunchBox ExcelWrite component

I have mixed feelings about the LunchBox ExcelWrite component.
On the “Pros” side, it has a nice “Preview” feature, and eventually works once all the red tape is crossed.
On the negative side, it is documented by a single image in which you need to note very important details like :

-The path should include the file extension, or else nothing will happen
-The headers have to be provided, or else nothing will happen (but sometimes, one does not NEED headers)
-The “Worksheet” input misleads into thinking that an Excel file with mutiple worksheets can be exported, which would be fantastic, but that just doesn’t work and leads to systematic crashing
-The header data has to be in the form of a single flat list while the data has to be formated in a tree (One column per branch), and that is somewhat misleading.

I might be wrong on some of the above statements ; feel free to right me.

Best,

1 Like

I am currently trying the NPOI_Excel Plugin.
The example file is partly in Chinese, but I have translated it in Engnish thanks to my godly skills :
ExcelExample-Translated.gh (17.8 KB)

3 Likes

This Plugin rocks !
-No need for Excel to be opened
-Very fast write
-Ability to create files with multiple worksheets
-Import and export of cell ranges
-…

It is based on NPOI, a Dot Net port of POI , a java library allowing to read and wrtite multiple Microsoft formats.

2 Likes

Great. Thanks for sharing. Looks very useful.

Thank you for clarifying this! Took me an hour of screwing around and lots of frustration before arriving at this thread that solved my data alignment issue. I’m going to whip up a quick tutorial since I see Bumblebee isn’t maintained anymore.