Loft between two curve to one curve

hi,
I have a shape that is split in the middle to two tubes.
I want the shape to be one surface to I used contour and then loft. the problem is that because of the split I cant loft the curves of the tubes to the rest of the shape’s contour.
and idea how can I solve this?
attached an images to explain what I mean - you can see the space between the surfaces that I want to close.

thanks!

post your model and i show you a trick :slight_smile:

here is my model, tnx!

model.3dm (5.1 MB)

does someone has any idea?

use BlendSrf for this top part keep it tight and use maybe g3 for both sides, Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-02 um 16.41.38

then trim it off tightly like so

also trim a bit of the lower part maybe that the next BlendSrf can unfold nicely.
then BlendSrf

alternatively build this up with SubD, forking structures like these are pretty much destined for it.

3 Likes

thank you!
how can I use subd for this?

that might be a bit more work if you want to start from where you are, the best would be to start over with simple cubes which you twist and ExtrudeSubD or use the Gumball tips, to bring 2 sides together you can use Bridge.

if you want to start with what you have, use QuadRemesh with option convert to SubD, bring all shapes to a similar count and use SelEdgeLoop followed by Delete and InsertEdge to equalise the numbers.

if you have equal numbers you can just use edgeloop in the bridge command otherwise make it bit by bit

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-03 um 11.00.53

and in such a case you can still use Stitch to close it up, maybe not optimal but that depends on your design intend and quality concerns at this stage of your model.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-03 um 11.12.34

1 Like