List Issue? // Wonky Geometry

Hi there – I think this is a pretty simple one, but I can’t wrap my head around it. I have an axis of rotation with centerlines perpendicular to it. The goal is to have a general, sweeping up motion starting from a vertical curve and ending with a horizontal curve. The TweenCrv node achieves what I want, but not from the rotation axis that I want, so I built that into the script, but then it sends the curves off in different directions.

Goal (but with rotation along the interpolated axis):

Current Result:

Here’s the script:

Ultimately, the goal is to use the centerlines with Rhino.Inside, but what’s happening here?

No, that’s only an image of the script. The actual code that people need is your GH file with internalized geometry.

1 Like

Rotate_Axis_re.gh (8.5 KB)

bs_fins.gh (19.8 KB)

Here you go, @Joseph_Oster – thank you for taking a look!

Too late, @HS_Kim has a special place in his heart for people who don’t follow forum etiquette. :man_facepalming:

missing

I can’t see much but one thing is pretty obvious; you are passing degrees to RotAx but haven’t switched that component to accept degrees (right-click the ‘A’ input):

@Joseph_Oster, hmm, when I change that I get this:

I thought I was achieving the degrees required for input with the radian / degree conversion (connected to it). Is that not correct? Thank you for your help.

There are many things wrong with your code.

That’s why I’m asking for help :frowning:

@HS_Kim Thank you for your response – this does what I think I had covered in the longer version of my script, but what I need is for the rotation to occur at a different point, so another axis perpendicular to each curve (not from the top / end point). How might I achieve that?

bs_fins_re.gh (14.1 KB)

1 Like

Thank you! Exactly what I was after. Really appreciate it – was nearly there! :slight_smile: