Lines disappearing when printing to PDF

Hello,

I’ve been having an issue with Rhino 7 for Mac printing. any vectors in a layout viewport disappear when a page is sent to a printer/print to PDF (EXCEPT when printed as wireframe).

everything appears correct in the print dialog box but does when I print to PDF the vectors disappear. Dimensions will remain, but the object does not.

Any ideas on how to fix this? let me know if I can provide any additional info.

This is what the print to PDF document looks like:

Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 11.53.32 AM
Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 12.00.36 PM

Test file:
Print Test.3dm (3.7 MB)

Please test using the ExportAll command for producing PDF out of Rhino in MacOS. Thanks

Hey @Japhy

thanks for the response.

ExportAll appears to work correctly (see below).

Is there a way to export multiple layout pages? In another file I have ~30 layout pages that would ideally be exported together.

Print Test.pdf (194.7 KB)

Certainly, after clicking Export it brings up the ExportPDF dialog, expand the View and Output Scale and choose Multiple Layouts or All Layouts

1 Like

@Japhy wow, thanks! I have been stuck on this for a while. Glad there is a solution.

yeh but if all your layout pages have different drawing numbers its a painful manual operation :man_shrugging:t3:

Hi Miles -

I’m interpreting that as “each layout needs to result in a separate PDF file” - is that what you mean?
-wim

Hi Wim, yes, thats how you publish and issue drawings in the construction/architectural world, each drawing has a unique drawing number, each layout sheet has a different name or number, I regularly have 20+ layouts in a file

Hi Miles -
Thanks. I’ve added your wish for this feature to:
RH-51909 - RhinoPDF: Option for Single Sheet
(not visible to the public)
-wim

2 Likes

Thanks Wim, it’s been a long standing wish for many years that Rhino has better publishing tools for exporting out layout pages, I’m hoping to see something in V8 :pray:t4: