Layout & UV Mapping

Here are a few things that are bugging me while trying to use Rhino Mac professionally:

LAYOUT:
Cannot ADD text formula to layout >> As an architect I use Layout a lot, I have in the past setup a few layouts for A1, A2 and A3 formats. To increase performance I use formulas to autofill such things as project name, client, date and drawing name. Unfortunetly I cannot create the formulas in Rhino Mac, I can read the ones I create in the windows version, but cannot change or create. Furthermore IF you try to apply a FORMULA to a text and click on DOCUMENTTEXT, Rhino crashes.

Commands using SpaceMouse buttons DO NOT WORK in Layout mode. (mine are set to Zoom Select & PointsOn)

UVMAPPING:
As a Game Developer the most important tool missing in Rhino Mac is the ability to Unwrap UV Mapping.
I’m am not going to mention simple animations… but since I just did, that would also be great or at least a ability to save BONES so that we can animate the objects inside game engines.

Thanks for logging this in MR-3193. As we discussed there, for the benefit of others, this bug is fixed in the latest RhinoWIP.

I’m able to reproduce this one. Logged in RH-43242.

Rhino 6 has better UV Unwrapping than Rhino 5. If you have a Windows machine, test it out in the Rhino Beta for Windows. These features will be in Rhino 6 for Mac in the future.

This would be an issue for @marika_almgren. I’m not sure that Bongo (available only for Rhino for Windows) has the ability to do skeletons the same way as Blender or 3DSMax.

Thanks again for submitting these and going the extra mile and creating YouTrack issues.

This would be an issue for @marika_almgren. I’m not sure that Bongo (available only for Rhino for Windows) has the ability to do skeletons the same way as Blender or 3DSMax.

Unfortunately Bongo 2.0 is not designed to handle skeleton animations.
Examples of what Bongo can do can be found here: