Layout features in Rhino 6 for Mac

(OXII) #1

Are you planning to make the Layout funcion also more powerful in Rhinoceros 6 mac?

The one in version 5 is too basic.

Organizing custom materials in material editor?
(Dan Belcher) #2

Can you please give specific examples of what features you are missing in Layouts that should be in Rhino 6 for Mac?

(OXII) #3

Well first of all I don’t understand why the background in layouts is black (trying to test it out in Rhino mac 5.5.1

I would like to have:
Master Pages, transparent hatches, gradients.

I’ll try to give mor detailed feedback once I solved my black layout background issue.

(Wim Dekeyser) #4

In Preferences > Colors , pressing Restore Defaults should fix that.

(OXII) #5

Many, many thanks! That fixed it!

I now know also where to change the color of the layout in case it messes up again.

As I wrote before, I’ll try to use Rhino mac layouts for real now to give a detailed feedback of what could be included in the next version.

It would also be very useful, to have some folder/tabs to organize layouts.
I work with sometimes ±100 layouts and it is not very efficient to scroll down the list…

Thank you

when using Technical display mode in layouts vector output would be great :smile:

(OXII) #8

In Layout mode, when I save a pdf (Raster Output), and change the line width scale under “linetypes and line widths” in the print menu, it changes also the scale of the hatch patterns.

Not very convenient.

Btw: How do I switch off a layer only in a selected detail view?

in layouts in the right hand side panel, you should see a dedicated panel which is assigned to each layout page, you can turn on/off layers for that layout detail. I find the command ‘HideInLayout’ very useful too :slight_smile: hth

(OXII) #10

I’ve seen that, but I would need to be able to swicht off a layer in a specific detail view, not in the entire page.

HideInLayout will be your friend

(OXII) #12

Thank you, I tried it and it worked!

(Wim Dekeyser) #13

Or, in the Layout Layers’ Panel, activate the detail you need and turn off the layer.