Layout pages are black - Rhino Mac V6 WIP

When setting up layouts, the sheets are black. Cannot see the detail boxes or any black line work. The thumbnails look fine- white sheets. When doubling clicking in model space, then the window updates to model space appearance. Selecting paper space, it goes black again. I don’t see this issue noted on the “remaining 6.x Issue page.”

Is this working for others? I have found one other user who in May had the same problem.

Have been doing some testing on this and discovered that the black layout screens only occur in OSX Mojave and on my iMAC Pro. I’ve got the Vega 64 card.

What I neglected to mention before is that the black out of Layout windows also happens in V5.5.3 in Mojave, but works just fine in High Sierra.

Never mind. Figured it out. Default color for Layout was set to black. Duh.

1 Like

This should probably be corrected - default color for layouts SHOULD be white!

now it looks like:

it SHOULD look like (default):

Is that correct, @dan?

I’m confused here.

In 6.19.19295.01282, when you click the Restore Defaults button in the upper right-hand corner of the Preferences > Colors dialog, these are the colors you should see:

(I tested this in both 6.19 and the RC for 6.20; same thing).

Just for good measure, I also nuked my Preferences entirely to factory-defaults and I see the same thing.

I agree that the default Layout should not be black (let’s leave the discussion about whether it should white or grey for another day).

Can you help me reproduce a situation where they default to black?

I think it should be white, because users are typically wanting to see what their line work will look like on paper.

1 Like

I can’t reproduce it. Layout background color gets grey when reset.

Seems i almost always :thinking: upgraded – and imported old defaults.

I’d also say it has to be :white_circle: white, though.

Alright alright…

I walked over to the printer today and opened up the paper tray and I found …you guessed it, white paper :smiling_imp:

But seriously, I’m such a non-drafter that when people say “paper-space” I get confused. Does anyone know why grey was picked?

This is going to disappoint the Dark Mode fans, you know.