Keyshot bridge not working with Mac v6

HI.

I have just upgrades to V6 for Mac and downloaded the Keyshot bridge.

I’ve gone through the sequence described for the install but nothing comes up in the command line for Keyshot render.

I have done a complete uninstall of all McNeal software, V5, Newley installed V6, V6 Wipe’s + Beta + all associated files.

Then another clean install but still nothing.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Glenn

Have you contacted Keyshot?

Hi John.

Yes but not heard anything back yet.

Is there any way of downloading 5 again ?

I’m working on a film at the moment and I’m a bit buggered without that live link ?

Thanks

Glenn.

I have just seen a command line of setcurrentrenderplugin but that does not seem to be doing much either ?

Thanks

Glenn

Specifically, what do you mean by, “Is there any way of downloading 5 again ?”
You can download the Mac V5.5.4 DMG file from the Archives section of the Download page.
Assuming you have a V5 license key, you can use it.

It sounds like you are expecting a plug-in tool for V5 to work with V6. That generally is not possible as each version of Rhino has it’s own unique Software Development Kit (SDK).

Hi John.

That’s great. No I’ll just download V5 and the bridge for that and carry on working in V5 until this issue with V6 is sorted.
I uninstalled 5 as I thought there might be some file pathway issues causing it.

But I need the Keyshot bridge more than any new functionality in 6.

Thanks

Glenn.

I asked because of the non-specific meaning of the term “download”.
It means very different things to different people.
As a tech support monkey, it can be infuriating at times.

I’m sorry I upset you.

So I downloaded Rhino V5 and installed it and typed in the Keyshot command and it has worked.

Would that be using the V6 bridge ?

Thanks

Hi - I’m afraid that would be a question for the Keyshot people to answer.
-wim

Thanks

You didn’t upset me, you confused me so I replied with clarification, and more detail than I would for a question I fully understood.
No harm no foul.
Be well.

The KeyShot for Rhinoceros Plugin was updated on Sep 17, 2019 and now works with Mac Rhino V6 (and the V7 WIP).

More info. and download here:
https://luxion.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KP/pages/38414838/Rhinoceros

1 Like

HI
Amazeballs,

Thanks for that !!!