Karamba3D Cross Section Definitions - Imperial Units

Hi,

I am fairly new to using Karamba, and am having difficulty using Karamba with Imperial units. More specifically I am having trouble using the predefined US cross sections that come with Karamba. I set up the following to verify that the correct section properties were being used, and found that they were not:

I arbitrarily chose a W12x26 just to check a couple property outputs and did not get the expected results. When checking the height of the section, the CrosSec component output 3.72 inches, while the actual height of the section should be 12.2 inches. When checking the moment of inertia about the Y axis (which I assume is the major local axis), the CrosSec component output 1.76 in^4, while the actual moment of inertia about the major axis should be 204 in^4.

I used the GenCSTable component to see what values were being used to define the W12x26 cross section, and upon first glance it appears that metric values being used are incorrect.

Does anyone know if maybe I have something set up incorrectly?

Thanks!

Hi Emma,
thanks for your bug report. It seems to be a bug in the current build of Karamba3D. The results are correct when using SI-units. I will try to solve the problem as soon as possible.
Best,
Clemens

Hi Emma,
there is now a new build of Karamba3D available (190731) from www.karamba3d.com or food4rhino.com which solves the above problem.
Best,
Clemens

Thanks for the quick response and fix!