Joining surfaces best practice all at once or two at a time?

Hi,
V5
Having turned on filter surfaces and selected all surfaces then Join, I have four naked edges, two are very long, the long edges of a surface I just networkSrf with it looking good. !

How can it create a surface along an edge and yet not touch it ?

I select the smaller two naked edges, go Join and the whole lot heals up and its a closed poly. !!!

I could so easily have thought the edge was wrong and spent hours redoing it, it being the U shape pipe with need for tangent line for surface in recent post.

Is it better to select a few surfaces at a time and join ?

Also having healed up two naked edges (points) and rejoined earlier in the session, I then had two more spring forth when they were not there before, and no where near the remedy just done. Not able to be influenced by it at all.

Maybe we need a healing tool. To have something that identifies and fuses naked edges would be great.

(I also spent 2 hrs healing up the results of OffsetSrf on a simple shape, and the naked edges , (points) it gave.

Its a joy to use and a nightmare to heal up the results.)

Steve

The details of the order of applying Join should not affect the formation of naked edges, assuming the same objects are joined.

NetworkSrf creates surface which are within or close to within the specified tolerances of the edge and interior curves. If the curves do not intersect then the surface will be somewhere between the curves. The edges of a surface from NetworkSrf may not coincide exactly with the input edge curves.

I usually set the edge tolerance for NetworkSrf and the overall tolerance to about half of the acceptable tolerance for joining edges. I use JoinEdge very carefully to override the tolerance when the gap between edges to be joined is greater than the set tolerance but still acceptable.