Joining (lofting?) together two breps

Hi! I’m new to GH so this may be an easily answered question.

I have two lists of data with 10 extruded rectangles on each list. Each brep represents the perimeter/wall of a room and there are 10 values because there is 10 floors to my building. I have two lists because the first list is for the internal extruded walls and the second is for the external extruded walls.

I want to somehow loft the first brep on list A (internal wall floor 1) to the first brep on list B (external wall floor 1), so that they can combine to create a thickened surface/brep. I am aware you cannot loft a brep, so I am unsure which command would be the most appropriate.

I am unsure how to join each value on list A to its respective value on list B, and then how to somehow loft them to combine them. Is there anyway that to do this?

I have attached an image of the first floor internal and external walls. I want to first be able to group them aside from the rest of the list (data 0 from list A and list B) and then combine these as one brep.

No file?

Oh sorry, I forgot.

My file is extremely cluttered. The concerned script is grouped in red.

Thank you.

Draft 4.gh (54.4 KB)

I would weave the rectangles with their offsets and make a boundary surface from them, then extrude that boundary so you have a solid. I used simplify curve on the offsets because I needed to get rid of an extra control point the offset was adding for some reason.

Draft 4_MP.gh (23.6 KB)

1 Like

Thank you Michael. If I wanted to treat each floor separately (and I eventually plan on treating each wall of the floor separately) through a potential deconstruct and list item, how would I do so? Despite having the extrusion output as 11 closed breps, if I try to list item, every one from 0-10 comes out as the final closed brep.

See here:

Draft 4_MP2.gh (27.9 KB)

1 Like

Thank you Micheal!

My last question I promise! How would I then deconstruct those four wall groups floor by floor (each wall group being exploded by a number slider parameter (e.g. 10 floors in this case))?

Also one wall seems to not be consistent with the others as does not continue uniformly around the perimeter. Wall%20inconsistency . How would I resolve this?

Also one wall seems to not be consistent with the others as does not continue uniformly around the perimeter.

Problem with the polyline simplifying, Changed to discontinuity and make a new polyline.

How would I then deconstruct those four wall groups floor by floor (each wall group being exploded by a number slider parameter (e.g. 10 floors in this case))?

I’m not sure I understand. Do you mean this?

Draft 4_MP3.gh (31.0 KB)

They are already exploded, look at the lists. - Or do you mean as seperate solid walls - in which case what does the joint look like? is it 45 degree?

There was no GH file, I am asking you a question. Please be as descriptive as possible or provide a sketch. Do you mean solid individual walls?