Issues with Block Duplicating in Blocks

I seem to be having issues with blocks duplicating with in blocks.
As I go into a block to edit it the original objects are there to edit but it also shows there is a duplicated version of the the same block with in it. If I delete the duplicated block leaving the original objects when I exit the block it deletes the whole thing and I can then to recover it by using undo. Im not sure if it have something to do with it not working in the original file the block was made in as I have saved a back up copy etc. or if it has something to do with the objects in the block being on different layers.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks Hollie

Are you working in Rhino 7 or Rhino 6

rhino 7

I’m having issues with blocks too, Hopefully this is a priority to get fixed. Are you experiencing any of the issues I speak of

Hi Hollie- can you please post a file with one of these blocks?

-Pascal

Stairs_Backup_blockIssues.3dm (14.9 MB)

Thank you - you will see as well when I go into the block it doesn’t lock the objects around it as normal.

Hi Hollie - I am not seeing any problem so far - any of the blocks that I edit seem to behave as expected.

Can you please run the SystemInfo command in Rhino and copy/paste the results here.
Have you quit and restarted Rhino or the machine any time lately?

-Pascal

![Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 21.57.32|690x375](upload://auT0pktu4jlq1Hi6ld4av9BttZX.RhinoBlockIssues.txt (6.1 KB) png)

RhinoBlockIssues.txt (6.1 KB)

yeah, that looks wrong - I have been testing on Windows, I’ll try mac.
Works as expected here on Mac as well. Can you please update your Rhino to the latest and see if that sorts it out?
https://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino-for-mac/7/latest

-Pascal

Will give that a go. Thank you for looking into this.