Is it possible to place perspective photo in a viewport then orient vehicle to match it?

Hi,
V5
yet again I need to simply match a model to a photo, this time a simple dome, then project the trace of an item on the photo of the dome to the surface of my dome model.
has Rhino now a way to select a point on the model then that point on the photo, repeat doing so and then it orients photo and model, in perspective view, then I select my trace and run command ‘project’ and select my model., and get the object on my surface ?
I need this ability and have never solved it yet it seems simple enough to make a photo scale and rotate until source and target points match up. perhaps model stays still and picture gets moved, I dont care if Rhino moves both about, just want to match them up to do the project command.

see the thread I need this in at here:-

desperate to solve this.

There was a prog called Sketchup that did the source and target thing, but I recall it couldnt do the project of a trace using curves onto the model.

Its no good saying put the image in as wallpaper as it has a curve trace I need to project to the model. that command saw failure as soon as zoom or anything was used. We need better. What is there that can do this seemingly simple task of orienting a surface (photo) to make it match an object on 3 or 4 chosen points ?

Steve