Is it possible to place perspective photo in a viewport then orient vehicle to match it?

Understood. Thank you very much!
:slight_smile:

Stefano

Hi,
Gustojunk…I wish to follow your idea…but…
I am still faced with the problem of not being able to zoom in to pick a point on the model for as soon as I do it kills off PerspectiveMatch.
I need to get the perspective match before I save the matched view, am I right ?

The rhino video shows a dialog box and after the fifth pick she gets to select done, I dont see that box at all, and so hit enter when done and nothing happens !

How should it be in V5, what should one see ?

The way PerspectiveMatch has been thought out, reality isnt a simple box where we can see the recipient corners, I have a myriad of wireframe lines, the wheels alone, I cant see the picture for all the lines smothering it, shaded, ghosted, xray all obliterate the parts I need , and I also need to magnify the part I am clicking on both in the bitmap and especially in the wireframe, as was said

Has anyone an idea of how to overcome the simple fact that the model cannot have its reference points clicked on without an ability to zoom in to locate those points, and such zooming nukes the command.

I am now employing a method of pre-placed points then having just Osnap point on, !

I wish one could be given the ability to zoom in on the picture and place the ref points , ditto the model, then hit enter and Rhino matches 1 to 1 , 2 to 2 etc. Inability to zoom the photo is still a weak point in this.

If I cant then move the mouse and draw from bitmap onto model, there is little point in having the model matched to the image. Gustojunk method hopefully will work.
Would it work to pretrace the details I need on the bitmap, then after perspective match is achieved, select these and use projevt to project to surfaces on the model ?

I have created a grid using carapace over the vehicle in the bitmap image, not sure how that helps me though. I cant go drawing the model to fit the grid. I could create a box following the VP lines to encompass the raster of the vehicle, however I would then need to complete the Rhino model of the vehicle to establish its extents then map those to the box in the bitmap, but I need to do the mapping in order to complete the model ! If I were to complete the model I wouldnt then need the grid !

I desperately need to have Rhino match the model to the perspective photos so as to check my work and plot onto model features from the photos.

The command is woefully inadequate with an inability to zoom for placement, life is not a simple shipping crate.

Steve

Hi,
V5
yet again I need to simply match a model to a photo, this time a simple dome, then project the trace of an item on the photo of the dome to the surface of my dome model.
has Rhino now a way to select a point on the model then that point on the photo, repeat doing so and then it orients photo and model, in perspective view, then I select my trace and run command ‘project’ and select my model., and get the object on my surface ?
I need this ability and have never solved it yet it seems simple enough to make a photo scale and rotate until source and target points match up. perhaps model stays still and picture gets moved, I dont care if Rhino moves both about, just want to match them up to do the project command.

see the thread I need this in at here:-

desperate to solve this.

There was a prog called Sketchup that did the source and target thing, but I recall it couldnt do the project of a trace using curves onto the model.

Its no good saying put the image in as wallpaper as it has a curve trace I need to project to the model. that command saw failure as soon as zoom or anything was used. We need better. What is there that can do this seemingly simple task of orienting a surface (photo) to make it match an object on 3 or 4 chosen points ?

Steve