iRhino 3D. What's it for?

So I just got the new iRhino 3d app downloaded and I have an immediate question…

How did you guys intend this app to be used and by who? I was hoping it would be a tool that could be used by non-rhino users (civilians) to be able to easily and quickly check out a 3d model (ie, clients or carpenters in the field). Navigating perspective view via touch works flawlessly but beyond that I don’t think I can expect anyone unfamiliar with Rhino to use this. I am going to explain how I want to use the app and why it isn’t going to work for me in its current state in another thread. But I would be happy to elaborate here if asked.

it’s a simple viewer and markup tool at the moment.

Room scan has recently been added as has save support which will allow you to scan a room and save it to rhino.

more features to come as it matures and we gather data from users about their needs. Feel free to elaborate here as we watch these threads closely.

1 Like

This is exactly what we are trying to learn from users. Discussions about this very topic here on discourse helps us figure out where to go with regards to developing the app.

New thread I started

1 Like