Dear Mc-Neel Team
Sorry to tell, but i really don’t understand why there are so many, also very tiny, hidden differences in the GUI between Mac and Windows.
At the moment i am teaching Rhino in four seminars at two universities and some students use the Windows-Version, some use the Mac-Version.
I am switching a lot between the two versions / operating systems, but it is horrible.
Many workflows I have to show twice - and I have to teach with a Dual Mac-Windows setting.
Which is getting worse with Rhino 6, that would need OpenGL Version 4 support - that is not supported by virtual machines.
Some Aspekts that really annoy me a lot:
- Temporary / one-shot object-Snap on Mac will hide the Project-Option / Radio-Botton
- why isn 't there the shift-klick workflow for this that is really great on the PC-Side ?
- Same Option, different description - for example the right-mouse context menu of the layer-palette:
- Windows: “Change Object-Layer”, Mac: “Move Object To Layer”
- “Duplicate Layer and Objects” - missing on mac
- Layout - completely different.
- Preferences / Options / … completely different
- commandline - totally different feeling …
Please - There should be a unique Rhino-Experience regardless of the Operating-System.
The topic is discussed at several other posts / places:
and for sure many more.
Thanks for any improvements in this direction.
Best from Zurich / Switzerland