Install a Rhino Plugin using Inno Setup

I need to make a Rhino plugin install
using inno setup since a bunch of other stuff needs to installed and checked
I have made it in the past with success writing into the registry editor
all relative info, but it seems that this does not work on RH7 or I am missing something

I am filling the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\Plug-ins

all seems to be correct but looking into the plugin list of Rhino
the software does not bring up

Question: How to install a plugin correctly with relative rui ?

thanks
gerry

Your registry entries will look something like this in Inno. You’ll want to use HKCU64.

Root: "HKCU64"; Subkey: "Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\Plug-Ins\YOUR-PLUGIN-GUID"; ValueType: string; ValueName: "Name"; ValueData: "MyPlugin"; Flags: deletekey
Root: "HKCU64"; Subkey: "Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\Plug-Ins\YOUR-PLUGIN-GUID"; ValueType: string; ValueName: "FileName"; ValueData: "PATHTOPLUGIN\MyPlugin.rhp"; Flags: deletekey

Here’s a guide that should help you with managing your toolbars during deployment.

Hi Travis
Yep, this is what I am doing, checking registry all seems to be written correctly
but Rhino does not load or report the name in the plugin dialog
Maybe I have to signal a new plugin has been installed ?
I have checked several times but unable to get it to work

gerry

Do I need to add the Command list key ?
This was done automatically in previous releases

gerry

In the Plugin subdirectory what is your plugins Filename set to? This should be the path to the plugin. You shouldn’t need to supply the command list, Rhino will handle those additional registry entry details. The 2 registry entry examples I posted above are enough to make Rhino load the plugin.

If you load the plugin manually via PluginManager you can then export your plug-ins registry entries as a .reg file and import that into Inno to test if you’re having issues.

Going crazy
In the image the top entry has been written by inno setup and the plugin does not
load or get listed in rhino

Bottom part is written by rhino installing the plugin and all works fine
I see no meaningful differences or I am blind to the problem

gd

plugin key

Just discovered the problem looking at these images

Hi Travis
Fixed the problem, now it loads but the Command List is empty
so I think I need to fill this manually or there is a way around ?

gd

Hi Gerry,

You should be ok with just the 2 entries (name and filename). Rhino will take care of the rest on it’s own.