Infinite Lines - Guide Lines Beta v6

Hi guys,

For some reason I can’t seem to get the Add Guide to work.

Push Macro Button
Click point for base (start of Guide)
Choose direction of Line
Hit Enter

NOTHIN’.

Hi Alan - if you set a guide line, you need to click twice to set the direction of each line. When you’re done the lines do not display until Rhino is asking for input…

-Pascal

hmmm will try that, thx. Unsure what you mean about the lines not displaying, at this point but may become obvious to me after

thx

Hi Alan - guides only show on screen, once made, when it is possible to use them - that is, when Rhino is looking for a point - e.g. start the Line command.

-Pascal

Ah. Well I understand - both b/c of your explanation and (on a comedic note) b/c I realized I use a dark grey modeling view background color, so I couldn’t see the guidelines. :joy:

Thx

For those who try to change the color under Appearance settings like I did, it’s not there. It’s under Modeling Aids

Hi Alan - guides follow the SmartTrack guide color.

-Pascal

Yup, thank you

I would like to add a Wish that we can leave them visible when we want. It helps me visualize what I’m going to do next. Also, would be nice to be able to select-mirror them.

Thx

2 Likes

I second this request - it would be nice to at least have the option for them always to be visible. I like the default hiding behavior but it may not always be what’s desired.

2 requests just about = 1 groundswell; I’ll add the request to the heap.
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-43040

thanks,

-Pascal

1 Like

Hello, whats new with this topic? Would be possible to set guide lines visible?

Thank you.

1 Like

Guides would definitely be more useful if you can turn them on and off without starting to draw. I try them sporadically, but end up going back to putting guides on a layer.

It would be natural to toggle Guides visibility by turning the SmartTrack pane is on or off.

Guide display bug is a much bigger problem: Rhino 6.10 - Guide display bug

If this bug cannot be fixed, it should be described in documentation.

Another Rhino 6.10 bug: Undo does not undo/remove AddGuide.