Import texts from GH to Revit as text annotation on the draft view

Hi, I am trying to create an adjacency diagram with annotations showing space information by using Rhino.inside Revit. I was able to import information from excel to rhino and visualize all those information however, I am having a hard time finding a good way to import the annotations from grasshopper to Revit as text annotation on the draft view. Can anyone help me on how to create text annotation by using Rhino. insde? Any advice will be appreciated.

We don’t have any Text nodes yet, but there are some options.

A couple questions. What will the drafting view contain? one square, dimensions and the text description? Counts? Is the idea this will go on a single sheet? Do you have one manually done that you can show/Share?

Thanks.

Thank you for your response, Japhy. The drafting view will contain room layout as filled regions, mostly square shapes. I just want to import/add the name of the room, sq.ft, and additional descriptions from the excel file to the single sheet. Please refer to the image below.

I have created a Python component that adds Annotation Text to given views from Rhino text. I tried it with an example case and it does what I want. You can access it from below :point_down::
Add Annotation Text.gh (14.1 KB)

2 Likes

@mucahitbgoker

Thanks. This really helps! However, how could this be looped for iterating strings(room names) on the list? I am trying to print room annotations by modifying your code, but not working. As you can see below, I could get the first letter of the string printed. I am not sure why it only prints the first letter of the room name. Could you please give me a piece of additional advice?

I didn’t really understand your question. This already loops through a list of inputs. Input should be flattten before connecting though.

If you are asking about working with DataTrees, take a look at this :point_down::

It would be a lot easier if you could share a sample model and the final result you want to achieve.

Regards,

I’ve received the error. What have I made wrong?

Thank you in advance for help.

Hi Anna,

Hard to say, I placed piece of Text in Rhino. Ran the definition and everything worked as expected.

When I have changed List Access to Item Access, everything is working ok.

I would like also keep the angle/vector of the Rhino text in Revit.

Any chance for help to modify Python script?I will be very grateful.

See attached.

Re Add Annotation Text Rotation.gh (16.3 KB)

1 Like

Thank YOU very much. It works very well.