Convert CAD text to Revit Txt

Hi Guys,

I have an imported dwg text notes and details inside Rhino and I want to bake it to a selected revit drafting view?
This process will speed up converting the dwg to revit annotation and detail item without going to import the dwg directly inside revit and that will bring all the unnecessary items from cad to revit.

Thanks

Hi @Joel_Ocampo

something like this?

I think you may find more information here.

Text to Revit.gh (20.2 KB)

Hi Fcegnam,

Thanks, is this be able to bake the text to revit in the same location as per rhino?

Cheers

1 Like

Yes it is.

Hi guys,

When I pushed the recompute bottom, it bakes differently in Revit, please see image attached.
I think it is something to do with the justifications inside Revit, how can I bake the text arrangement
according to the Rhino text arrangement?

Thanks

Is there a way to align them in a certain location like left or right?

Hi Joel,

You’ll need to translate the various Rhino justifications to the left center or right justification of Revit

here’s one way to do it…

Thanks Japhy, I will going to try this, cheers.

re_textJustification.gh (5.8 KB)

If you just want to change some text justifications you can do this.

Thanks Japhy, is there a way that l can be able to select a vertical line or curve and them select the texts that l need to align onto it?

Kind regards,

Draw a line and put some text on it work for you?

To Align text you will need to move via the Element location component.

Hi Japhy,

That is exactly what I am looking for :slight_smile: .
Thank you.

Hi Japhy,

I got a Rhino file and I want to bake it to Revit in the same location and arrangement as per on the Rhino space? please see attached file.

Sample Text.3dm (285.9 KB)

Cheers,

Hi,

for me Japhy’s solution works fine. I just have to take into consideration the scale of the view, because Revit rescales the text according to the scale of the view. So the location will be correct, but the texts may be overlapping.

The only catch is that I have to calculate the solution twice, because the first time I get the result from the Add Text component, and if I recompute the script I get the result of the Element Parameter component. @Japhy, is there a way of doing this in just one click?

I know that with this custom python component you can do it in one click, but maybe there is a faster way of doing this already, that I do not know :sweat_smile:.

Unchecking Disable Auto Update help?

The script works fine and the only issue is the text overlapped to one another, it will be nice if you are not going to fix it manually, cheers.

Joel, can you be specific? That seems like a scaling issue and file specific. A file would help.

Hi Japhy/fcegnam,

It is working now in my end, thank you very much!
this is super handy in migrating dwg general notes
and details without import it directly inside Revit and that
may cause any errors inside the Revit project.

Cheers,

2 Likes

Hi @Japhy,

Disabling the auto update in the Reference by Layer component makes no difference :neutral_face:. I still need to recompute twice.

Text to Revit_5

I think that’s because it’s not seeing any change. If you copy one of the texts in Rhino referenced by the Ref by Layer component does it work as expected?