Import dwg - object layer not maintain

As title description and the images below, some objects (especially Leader) don’t maintain their original layers from dwg but are moved to the current layer of Rhino.
TEST FILE 2.dwg (7.2 MB)

In CAD:

After import to Rhino:

In addition, notice that some blocks in dwg files have Clip.
After importing those clipping boundary are removed.
Is there any way to keep the block clipped in rhino, or trim automatically during the import processing?

In CAD:

After import to Rhino:

Hi Ctu6,
What release of Rhino are you using?
I tested your file with Rhino 7 sr13 which is the public release and this is what I see:

Control over the Leader and Text Color independent of the layer color is not in Rhino yet.
This is Multileader object in AutoCAD. It is a leader with nested Mtext. The Mtext can folow the layer color or have it own. Same with the leader. So there are nested color overrides in AutoCAD that Rhino does not have. The general color overrides does import correctly into Rhino.

Specifically:

• The AutoCAD layer is maintained when importing the DWG into Rhino. In AutoCAD the Layer is “0-0金屬標註”, and in Rhino it is the same.

• The layer 0-0金屬標註 in AutoCAD and Rhino is Black. This is correct. It is the same as AutoCAD.

• AutoCAD the leader has a override on the Mtext color and is set to yellow.
    Rhino is not importing the DWG with the Display color override set to yellow. However, in AutoCAD the Color property is set to Yellow, but it is not being used on the Mtext object.

First, Rhino does not have a separate Color for text or the Leader object. This is a feature request. I will log and post the tracking number soon.

To edit the Text color in AutoCAD, you will need to Double Click on the Mtext and change the color from the ribbon bar. Again, the AutoCAD Multileader is not using the Property color.
It is actually using a the Text Color set on the Mtext object that is nested in the Multileader.
So the yellow color on Properties in not being used. (Test: change it to Magenta, the multileader test does not update.)

When Mtext color is set to ByLayer, it will reflect the layer color. See the attached video.

To test, we changed the color of the Layer to purple and the text is now showing in the purple color.

Here the leader is using the Color override. Selected:

Unselected:

Here the leader colors are set to bylayer, and the leader is all purple, or the layer color.

When we save the leader to a DWG and import into Rhino, the layer is set to Purple and entire leader is purple since the AutoCAD leader color of green is not supported in Rhino yet.

Sorry this is so complicated.
Dimension and Leader nested color feature request will be logged soon.
The other aspects of Leader are the expected behavior.
Rhino also does not support Clipped Blocked or Xrefs.
So you are correct, currently the entire model will be resolved.

Sincerely,
Mary Ann Fugier

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your reply.
Recently I’ve update to sr13,
However, the leader objects are still on “default” layer automatically when importing the file, as image showing below.

At this point, in fact, I’m not so worry about the text color or so forth.
the Layer property is what we care about the most.

By the way, I’ve tried with RH6 as well, the situation is the same.

@mary