Import Content units conversion?

Is there a way to check the units of imported content to scale it to the document units?

For context:
I’d like to use two instances of Rhino, in one I’ll be modeling an urban plan, in the other, I’ll import the data and feed it into Revit for the architectural design. By using two instances, I won’t have to rearrange my windows as much.
But, since I’ll work in meters for the urban plan and millimeters for the architectural model, I’m wondering if I can read the units from the imported data to scale the model if the units mismatch.

There is a convert units component.

Here there is a 10 meter box in a meter file. It comes in at the same scale to the mm file 10,000 mm, no scaling needed. If i want it to be 10 units i need to scale it down like so.


ImportConvertUnits.gh (16.4 KB)

And if I want to see the source document units? Is there a way to obtain that info? Because if set the Convert units it’ll just scale by a factor of 1000 regardless. I want to scale the imported data if and only if the units mismatch.

Just to give an idea, this obviously doesn’t work:

Also, I think the mismatch of units is partially caused by this dialog, because I have no option to use Millimeters and not scale the model.

Though I think it is still useful to know the imported file units to scale objects on the fly.

There is a python script in the file i provided.

You want your Revit and Rhino units to match. Then import your content into the matching Rhino as needed.