I lost some of my object in Rhino space; how do I bring them back?

After hours spent with Rhino 5.2.4 sculpting objects, unknowingly I touched something sending some of my objects into Rhino space.
(wish I could upload a screenshot here!)

Im a novice making it difficult to solve problems -wording / workflow etc not sufficient.
“Im the little kid in the pro workshop”-kinda thing!

I have now spent hours trying to solve this -probably super simple problem.

Please help -and please if you could use ‘low-tech-language’

if you didnt hide it accidentally (use Show to unhide) and its just some where moved out of sight you can just hide the visible objects away and use CMD A to catch whatever is out there and use Align Concentric for example and define one point where it will be set back to. in case its shrunk down immensely you can then use Zoom and click on Extents the camera will relocate to the existing object and fit it to screen.

You can upload both screenshots and rhino files by using the upload button:

1 Like

Better not. _SetPt followed by picking a new point will constrain all points of the selected object to end in the single picked point coordinate.

c.

thats true my mistake, i never used it for 3d objects and thought it might do that better than align.
in that case i would use Align, changed it on top.

anyway what would that be needed for?

eg. to constrain selected control points of a curve or mesh in either x,y or z. I sometimes use it to constrain points at poles of spheres to a single point if they are slightly off causing the render mesh to show a dent…

c.

[quote=“CeramicPanda, post:1, topic:40308, full:true”]
After hours spent with Rhino 5.2.4 sculpting objects, unknowingly I touched something sending some of my objects into Rhino space.
(wish I could upload a screenshot here!)

Im a novice making it difficult to solve problems -wording / workflow etc not sufficient.
“Im the little kid in the pro workshop”-kinda thing!

I have now spent hours trying to solve this -probably super simple problem.

Please help -and please if you could use ‘low-tech-language’
[/quote]

…I have objects which are in the same layer but places far from eachother …well atleast they are after my mishap!! I am therefore not sure of how to “pull” the objects which are outside the plane back into 0,0.

Thank you for the comments …Im afraid they still isnt clear to me how I solve the problem :frowning:

If you spent hours, you can also just go back in time, so to speak with File / revert to / Browse all Versions

Also Zoom Extents (active viewport) or + All will bring objects into focus in all viewports.

«Randy

1 Like

[quote=“rhinorudi, post:8, topic:40308, full:true”]
If you spent hours, you can also just go back in time, so to speak with File / revert to / Browse all Versions

Randy; THANK YOU :smiley:

As you can see with your help I’ve managed to get my objects “back from outer space” …Im very grateful!
So easy …and I had no idea this function existed!

Sanne

To create “snapshot points” do a command + s, even if your file is saved. This creates a time so Apple can go back to this. I usually do this after I make an important change or sometimes before I want to delete something.

The beauty of this is you can actually go back in time and get an object or objects you deleted, copy it and then move forward and paste the object back into your document. Sometimes this is even capable when a file is closed and then reopened.

This is an Apple feature that Rhino has incorporated. Not all software uses this, it is based on Time Machine .

«Randy

2 Likes