How to permanently change default values of mesh detail options?

A while back I experimented with how low in polygon detail I could go in order to export objects for VR.

Unfortunately, that setting has now gotten “stuck” and every time I do commands like Zebra, I get my dumb experimental options back.

How can I permanently change the default values of the various “adjust mesh” option dialogues that exist in Rhino, because I apparently accidentally managed it once, but now I can’t figure out how…

IIRC, Rhino should remember the last used setting. With only one instance of Rhino open, try changing one back to how you want it by default then closing and re-opening Rhino. Did that setting stick?

It doesn’t even remember the setting from one opening of the dialog to the next during the same session!

And weirdly, it’s the same on two different machines… and the common denominator might be that I import options/toolbars from the same .rui files on both of them…

Hello - that setting is per file.

-Pascal

Hmm… between this, grid and tolerances, I think I wish there was a button to “apply template settings” for everything on the current file…