How to create staggered quad tiles based on the dimensions of the tile instead of using lunchbox

Hi all, this is my first time using grasshopper so I am pretty new to this. I am trying to create a tiling pattern for a floor I am working on. I tried using Lunchbox but I realized that I am constrained to the U and V vectors without the ability to set the dimension of the tiling. Also, I realized that I am unable to rotate the tiling pattern at all.

Could any kind souls please help me to improve and refine the script? Attached below are the script I am working on as well as an image explanation for your convenience.

20210527_FLOOR PATTERN_RHINO_6.3dm (12.6 MB)
FLOOR_PATTERN.gh (6.2 KB)

Pufferfish plugin has some relevant features…

FLOOR_PATTERN_re.gh (9.0 KB)

1 Like

Thank you for the reply @HS_Kim!

I just checked the file and I understand about the Pufferfish shrink trimmed surface and surface directions.

However, I am still having trouble manually setting the quad panels to an exact size of 600mm x 600mm. Is there a way to manually set it?

Lunchbox just divide your base surface by division count along U & V directions.

If you want exact panel size, prepare your base surface which has the multiple size of 600 and do math to get how many count you should divide with…

Or Create another staggered 600*600 grid and project it onto your base surface and split it to get your final panels…