With varying levels of rigorousness, I add data to my files discovered in research. Along with the 3D model I have things like this—
—in the attached file.
Problem PDF.3dm (3.2 MB)
So now I have people asking for this information who do not have Rhino.
- I print to PDF and get a bit map that cannot really be zoomed.
- I export to EPS and the file has erers:
%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: Adobe_packedarray ]%%
%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%
- No surprise but I export to AI and it has misteaks and cannot be read.
What is the best way to get this information to people?
I am seeing no mistakes in the exported .AI, but you have to do two things:
- export in 1:20 scale (because Illustrator is limited to 227,54"x227,54" workspace/worksheet)
- center the drawing in Rhino (because Illustrator has Problems with objects which are out of the drawing space)
The worksheet is set to 1500x800mm:
Problem PDF.pdf (440.4 KB)
Note that 200 x 200 inches is the max size for a PDF file regardless of application used.
What export setting are you using?
I have set 1 Inch = 24 Inches and still get the same error on EPS export.
I used 20 Inch = 1 Inches, but selected all and “export selected” not the regular export.