How to create a bundle of bent rods in Grasshopper

Hello,
I am trying to create a structure made of bundles of bend rods. I have already got the form but at the moment struggling with multiplying the supporting pillars from just 1 single rod to a full bundle of rods polar arrayed around the main rod. Any tips on how I can achieve this? (example picture attached)
Thank you so much in advance!

new tower.gh (22.6 KB)

Not on my pc now but I think you can use a spiral on a curve. I may have this component in my Nautilus plugin.
On use more realistic tool like this one

If no twisting. Using aligned perpandicular frame could help.

1 Like

One quick way would be to loft circles at perpendicular frames, take isocurves then pipe these:

bundle.gh (9.8 KB)

2 Likes

There is no twisting just simply flow along the main rod. I will have a try on the plugin, thanks a lot for helping Laurent!

Oh wow Daniel this is great, exactly what I needed! Thank you so much!

If you need twisting this solutions seems to work. You just have to to the Math depending on the number of tube you want around. Helix/Spiral on curve is in Nautilus plugin.

new tower LD.gh (25.4 KB)

And also you could look at this discussion that was never ended well.

1 Like

Wow this is very neat and gave me the control over the twist. However, if I would like the bundle to have zero twist, my only option is to set the turn count as low as possible ?

Did you try 0 turns ? If it doesn’t work it is a bug. I will have to correct that for 0.9 version

1 Like

It was not really a bug as I used a Rhinocommon method.
https://developer.rhino3d.com/api/rhinocommon/rhino.geometry.nurbscurve/createspiral
But I added a patch when pitch and turn count =0
It will be in next version