How do I add more polysurface edges to for example a cylinder?

How do I add more polysurface edges to for example a cylinder? like in the screenshot
i did it in a very complicated way

Hello - ExtractSrf the cylinder, Split > Isocurve , Join it all back up. SplitFace > Curves option shortcuts all of this if you have curves in place.

-Pascal

thanks for the reply! i thought there would be an easier way to add control points

best regards david

I would have the Shrink=Yes in split, or use ShrinkTrimmedSrf after Split and before Join to shrink the surfaces.

Use InsertKnot to add control points without changing the shape. However the location of some existing control points may change.

Use InsertControlPoint to add control points without changing the location of existing control points. However the shape may change.

If starting with a polysurface rather than individual surfaces you will need to Explode or ExtractSrf to obtain individual surrfaces before adding control points.

If the goal is to add control points, I’d consider ChangeDegree up to say 5 before inserting knots - depends on what you want to do with the points and surface but inserting knots into a cylinder with the idea of manipulating the points smoothly, will not - the result will be kinky and hard edged.

-Pascal