How can I make the handle of a detergent bottle of this model?

Hi guys,

I’m having problems on modeling the handle of this detergent bottle. I tried different ways, but didn’t get a good result.

Can you give me some insight on how to get this done? I am uploading the file and I would be immensely happy if any of you could explain me how to do it.Garrafa-copy.3dm (3.1 MB)

Hi, you will have to embed the images if there is something you want us to help with, :slightly_smiling_face:

choose Embed Bitmap from the Picture Frame dialogue box …

«Randy

Hi there,

Thanks for helping! Sorry, my bad for not embeding the images correctly. I think I did it properly now. Can you give me some insight on how to model the handle?
Thanks agaaain :smiley: Garrafa-copy.3dm (5.2 MB)

Hi, I have to go out I can add more details later, but I may start by making the bottle and handle as 2 separate items and then “Blend” those together.

If I was working from your model I would make cutters and then start to rebuild the handle to main body sections.

See image for where I would cut out sections (in-between curved black lines) and also see file for some ideas.

«Randy - I may look at it again later :slight_smile:

Garrafa-copy-RG.3dm (4.8 MB)

Here is an updated model. handle is Sweep2 using blue lines with maintain height checked when sweeping.

For the back part of bottle, in the Front view I would draw straight lines on the x-axis to correspond to the cut points. Then from top I would do a conic target to start and end to make profile curves. Then sweep those curves along the cutout section. I usually have history on so I can adjust those curves with the points-ON. See model 3 …

Maybe I will just do it quick later :slight_smile:

«Randy

Garrafa-copy-RG-2.3dm (4.9 MB)

Garrafa-copy-RG-3.3dm (5.0 MB)

Thanks a lot, Randy!!

How can I blend the handle with the rest of the bottle? I tried blendsrf but the result wasn’t good.

I honestly thought I could figure this all out alone but nothing has been working :frowning:
Every time I try to blendsrf I get something incorrect, overlapping, etc. Can’t get a nice blend with the handle and body of the bottle! :cry:

I will try to get back to this in the next day or two. I find playing with the blend handles helps some.

The Level 2 Training Guide has a tutorial (Exercise 27) that covers modeling this sort of handle.
You can download the guide from the Learn page.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, Mr. Brock!!

That will be very helpful!

Hello - just to be clear, there is not a specific ‘how to’ for the handle, however the model ‘FinishedDetergentBottle’ has the surfaces in place and you can get an idea how they go together.

-Pascal