"History pop up"

… (se screen shot) is missing in in V6 WIP (screen shot from V5.5). In addition to fixing this it would be nice to have it stay on screen - not only for a few seconds - but until I (for instance) click an empty space.
Thanks!

Philip

1 Like

having it wait until a mouse click is a nice idea!

The click you describe is how it works in 6.
Run distance and pick your points.
The distance is displayed at the bottom of the screen but unlike 5.5, the other information is not temporarily displayed.
If you click on the distance output, the Command window opens with the additional information.

What is the problem we’re trying to solve here?

Bad explanation on my part, I guess, sorry… What you describe is what happens in both V5 and V6, but that was not what I meant. In V5 you get a little automatic pop up history window (as in the screen shot) - without clicking. This is very convenient when running ‘distance’ or ‘radius’, for example. No need to click anything. The automatic history pop up stays on screen for a couple of seconds. This doesn’t work in V6. That’s obviously a bug.
The wish part was that the little pop up should stay on screen until you click somewhere - and not disappear after a couple of seconds.

Philip

It isn’t necessarily a bug.
My guess is it’s far more likely an unintended consequence of changing the core of V6 so Mac and Windows can largely share the same code.

I’ll add a defect report but I have no idea if the previous behavior is even possible with the new code.
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-48605

Ok, let’s then call the bug part a wish as well :wink:
Not having this feature in V6 is/would be a step backwards…

Philip

I described it as a regression in the bug report.
My point is it may not be possible to get the old behavior back.

1 Like

Ok, thanks!

I understood… but that would be bad.

Philip

FYI: I fixed the regression in the latest RhinoWIP. No new behavior, just the old behavior from Rhino 5 for Mac.

Great! Thanks! :smiley:

Philip

There seems to be a small problem yet, however (at least in dark mode)… The text-background is too light which makes the text difficult to read - at least for my old eyes :grinning:

Philip

Hi Philip
it seems to work fine in dark mode on my old[ish] machine

Yes, that’s what I get also, if I click the icon in the lower left corner - but on my computer the automatic pop-up has the light background color, not black.

Philip

yes I see now
Guess these ones hasn’t been fixed yet:

I see that too. Logged in RH-49095 Dark mode: Command history popup too light.

Thanks!

This will be fixed in an upcoming RhinoWIP.

1 Like

This also works now in the newest WIP :+1: It’s a small thing, but makes a big difference!
Thank you guys! :grinning:

Philip

1 Like