Highlighting Tabs More?

Hello Fellow McNeelies, I find the tabs at the bottom of the page difficult to see what I have clicked, especially when you have lots of Layout tabs, I can’t see or find a way to make them a different colour or a more pronounced border around the one I have active ? Screenshot attached. I know I can have the Layout panel open and that is a slightly better way to see which is the active page. But I do like to work with the tabs at the bottom of the page. Is there a way to do this, any suggestions ? tia :blush:

Hi Miles -

You can change the color of the inactive tabs from the advanced options: Rhino.Options.UiPaintColors.InactiveTabBackground. Note that you’ll have to change both the color and the transparency to be able to notice a change. The transparency is set to 100% by default…
-wim

1 Like

@wim Wim, do you mean the Saturation needs to be changed from 0 in addition to changing the Hue? (Saturation of 0 results in grey scale independent of Hue.) There is the option to change the color including both Hue and Saturation but I don’t see any transparency setting.

Hi David -

Transparency is that bottom slider in this picture.
-wim

@wim thanks for this, helps a little, but really there should be -Rhino.Options.UiPaintColors.activeTabBackground, so the tab you have active has the ability to be changed :+1:t4:

Thanks! I was not aware of that setting.

Hi David -

It’s good to know about that one as a general setting (as in "for all of those color wheels). For this particular issue - the tab color - it’s something that sadly is mostly overlooked when someone actually tries to change that inactive tab color - ending up not having any effect.
Rhino.Options.UiPaintColors.InactiveTabBackground doesn’t do anything anymore in Rhino 8, so that confusion is eliminated.
I have no idea if tab colors can be changed in v8…
-wim

It looks like the transparency slider was introduced in Rhino 7. Somehow I missed it. It will be useful in general in the future.

This is not so good, I just checked and yes it does nothing V8 WIP, we should definitely have the options to change the colour/appearance of active or non active tabs :man_shrugging:t4: