[ HELP ] how to make facade for laboratory

Hi everyone!
Does anyone know how to create a facade like this picture. Please help me !
UPenn_NBS_Sunscreen_Collage_ArchDaily|690x323

Thank you so much.

I’ve done a few similar. Typically a lot is going to be driven by engineering, i’m guessing it’s Aluminum. You can see that the panels are actually only about 4’x6+’ and attached at the slab level by cantilevered steel. They also have knife plates at the mullions, so coordination with glazing engineering from the get go is important.

There are actually two layers, one is translucent, not sure what the materials are.

1 Like

Correction, its one piece of aluminum, less than 3/8" that has perforations to create the effect.

No visible fasteners

3 Likes

The design development in Rhino/GH could be done using image sampler and 3 colors that represent Solid areas, perforation and openings. This could be applied to a single surface, which could then be panelized and developed with the different project variables. You could never build this in Florida without stiffeners for instance.

This should get you started, you will need Alpha channels and some culling to do the openings.

ImageSampler-R6.gh (198.0 KB) original script by J. Oster.

Good morning, analyzing your file I see that a plane is divided into points that emulate the image, my specific question would be how I could make the division in a specific measure or be able to separate it into panels and have this effect, is it possible? Beforehand thank you very much.

This may be Off topic but you may consider random big enough holes to help entrance of firefighter ladder for 9 to 5 people.

Hi , In this example,

RH 01.3dm (241.2 KB)

GH 01.gh (849.6 KB)

how can I make this figure fit into the dimensions of this plot?

So that when baking you get a result like this:

Subdivide by panels when baked and have the points non-directionally perpendicular.

Thank you very much for the help.

I was trying
give a thickness to each element, both the brep and the surfaces, but when it comes to giving the boolean difference, they do not manage to cross all the cylinders with the surface. for what is this?

It should be something like this