Hatch printing issues

Hello All,

I’m having an issue in Rhino 6 for Mac where hatches from layouts that aren’t simple rectangles are printing with some strange lines from different points on the hatch. The lines aren’t rendered in the layout view, only in the print dialog box and when the file is saved as pdf/opened in preview. Has anyone experienced something similar?

Hi,

Yes, I’m experiencing the same issue. At times the thin lines are so dense it affects how the hatch prints on paper.

thanks for the response. Have you found a way to fix it? are you also workin on a mac?

thanks

Can you post the 3dm file used to generate the image you posted above? I would need to see that to try and repeat the problem you are seeing.

Hi @stevebaer

Here is another file that is behaving the same way for me.

Hatchfail.pdf (6.0 KB) HatchTest.3dm (2.8 MB)

I don’t see any objects in that 3dm file

They are on the layout, Steve.
That file is a Rhino 6 file, @peabodydustin. You need to export from Rhino 7 to get this to work.
HatchTest-rh7.pdf (1.8 KB)
-wim

Ah, missed that. I believe File->Export for this will also work in Rhino 6.

The trick is to use File->Export instead of Print.

Great, thanks Wim and Steve. that seemed to solve the problem.

TY

Hi Steve,

The export method solves the hatch issue however it only exports 1 sheet - even if ‘All Layouts’ is selected under ‘View and Output Scale’. Im running Version 6 (6.25.20112.13152, 2020-04-21)

Thanks!

Hi -

That issue is on our list as RH-58100.
Thanks for reporting!
-wim

Hi Wim,

Thank you! Appreciate the quick reply.

Hi @wim ,

I’m working in Rhino 7 and can’t seem to export more tha

n one page at a time using either print or export. Can you please look into this? I’ve attached a screenshot of the pop-up windows for both showing how the print dialog doesn’t recognize multiple pages and the export doesn’t have a dialogue to add multiple pages to the export.

Thank you.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Printing hatch to pdf is ugly

I have multi page presentations that I have to export one page at a time because of the issues in my post above. Can anyone help with this?

Running Big Sur might be part of the issue, but to have just bought Rhino 7 and not be able to print or export more than one page is really disappointing.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Oosh,
This printing issue was fixed in Rhino 7 sr1. It is working on my Rhino 7.

• You need to download the Rhino 7 sr1 Release Candidate and install.
  • You will need to use the Print command and pick All or your range of files.
  • Then PDF view or save from the menu in the lower left fo the Print dialog.

Rhino 7 sr1 will likely be released as a public build next week.

Let us know if this helps.

Sincerely,
Mary Ann Fugier
McNeel Technical Support and Training
Seattle, WA