Hatch pattern outside/offset of boundary curve

When using “Hatch” this pattern ends up outside of the boundary curve. Not any other pattern but this one. How do i solve this?

[EDIT]: I have now found out that the center of the hatch ends up at (0,0,0) every time

Thank you!

Providing an example file would help to find the reason.

I tried the hatch in a new rhino file and the same happened so i guess it has something to do with the pattern or that i use the “Hatch” command wrong. Would you still want me to upload a rhino file?

Below I upload the Zip where the pattern is located, it’s called “SAND.pat”

96946v5569033_.zip (1.1 MB)

Hi, yeah, a rhinofile with a shape that fails at your machine would help.
That way I don’t have to look through 100 files in a zip and do the work to try to reproduce what you already have done. I mean, bugtracking for free is fun, but not THAT fun :wink:

You see, I have no trouble here:

That i can understand completely, thank you for the help by the way :slight_smile:

I added a rhinofile aswell as a video showing how it fails :frowning:

Here is the rhinofile:
Hatch_Fail.3dm (87.8 KB)

Link to video through google drive:

Link to video through maildrop:

That makes me very confused :frowning:
I just don’t understand how it’s not working for me…

The link to the video through google drive didnt show up
I made the link with an “X” at both ends of the link so it doesnt turn into a hyperlink, see if it works this time :slight_smile:


No worries :smiley:
Here is your file on my machine, I did nothing to it, so I presume your machine has some driver issues with the graphics. ( I didn’t look at the video as I am logging off now)

But try to update your graphiccard driver and also run “SystemInfo” (just type SystemInfo and hit enter) and paste the data here.

Good luck!

That is strange :frowning:

I will update it right away.

Thanks again for your help! :slight_smile:

Here is my System info:

Rhino 6 SR11 2018-12-14 (Rhino 6, 6.11.18348.17061, Git hash:master @ 600b621e607cf5226a968db60d7ac9230541b94d)
Licence type: Evaluation, build 2018-12-14
License details: Stand-Alone
Expires on: 2019-05-25

Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 16Gb)
Machine name: LAPTOP-A9S0R34M

Quadro M2200/PCIe/SSE2 (OpenGL ver:4.6.0 NVIDIA 398.36)

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 6-24-2018
Driver Version:
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 4 GB

Rhino plugins
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 6.11.18348.17061
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\WebBrowser.rhp “WebBrowser”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoScript.rhp “RhinoScript”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\AnimationTools.rhp “AnimationTools”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\IdleProcessor.rhp “IdleProcessor”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp “Rhino Render”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 6.11.18348.17061
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Users\a\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-ins\PanelingTools (6caed836-bc06-4ebc-b1fd-e10886a0dc94)\2018.10.11.800\PanelingTools.rhp “PanelingTools”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Alerter.rhp “Alerter”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 6.11.18348.17061
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 6.11.18348.17061
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for Rhinoceros 6\VRayForRhino.rhp “V-Ray for Rhino”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”

It seemed like Rhino wasn’t fully updated so I did that and it seemed to solve the problem :smiley:

Thanks again for the help!

1 Like

Excellent! But strange that you had probles as both the card’s drivers and Rhino wasn’t lagging much behind. None the less I’m happy you found a sollution!

1 Like

It was a bug in Rhino for certain hatch patterns that we recently fixed in a service release.


Thanks, that’s good to know!