Gumball wonky in latest 7.12 update

Hello,
My gumball started acting wonky after updating to the latest Version 7 (7.12.21306.15002, 2021-11-02). All of a sudden, all the gumball alignments on the objects were angled maybe 30 deg or so after I select object. If I moved the object at random distance with one of the gumball handles, hit undo, and then it would correct itself and the gumball returns to normal. See video.

It may be that you have an angled Cplane set in the perspective view and the gumball set to ‘Align to Cplane’. If you select an object in the perspective view the gumball respects that Cplane; if you select an object in the top view the gumball respects its Cplane.

Try setting the Cplane in the perspective view to World Top (the default). If that doesn’t help, try doing a gumball reset from its pop-up menu.

If that still doesn’t help, post the model here and let’s see if someone can come up with a better idea!

Hi @jeremy5,

That seems to have done the trick! I applied the World Top Cplane setting to the Top view initally and the respective Front and Right views and thought it would apply to Perspective views, but thought wrong.
Thank you so much!

If you haven’t already done so, you will probably want to set them back to the default World Front and World Right respectively.

CPlanes are viewport specific and you can change one without changing the others - so as you’ve found changing the Top view doesn’t affect the perspective view. You can read more here Rhinoceros Help - CPlane | Rhino 3-D modeling (mcneel.com)

1 Like