GSA Geometry Gym Section Property failed to export

Hi,

I can’t get my steel section property in gsageometrygym to appear in GSA.
I have tried many methods and failed everytime. I wish to get my section property assignment for each of my element pre-defined in grasshopper. So, I do not have to manually insert it in GSA everytime I make changes in my model.

Hi Arina,

The latest builds on the downloads page of www.geometrygym.com should fix this.

Cheers,

Jon

Hi,
I have a similar issue for the SAP2000 adapter. I can’t seem to get GG to export the section property.

Could you please advise on this?

Hi Aatisha,

Thanks for posting. If it’s possible, it’s always helpful to post a sample .gh file that you’re testing with.
Rebuilding from an image isn’t necessarily reliable (and takes a little more time).

For me, the script below works. Does it work for you? Can you please confirm which version of SAP2000 you are using?

220225 gen frame.gh (14.1 KB)

Cheers,

Jon

Hi Jon,
Thanks for your response and apologies, attached is my work-in-progress script.
Karamba Simple Truss_GGSAP_SetUp_NoLC.gh (54.7 KB)

I am using SAP2000 v23.3.1 (Build 1784). I tried your attached script and it seemed to work as is (as opposed to mine), however, some of the components on your script show up as “Old”.

Perhaps this is a version issue? I downloaded the GG SAP2000 plugin last week.

Best regards,
Aatisha

Hi Aatisha,

We have worked continuously on improvements to the components over the past 12 years.
So some of the older examples use “superseded” versions of the components, we haven’t necessarily tried to go back and revise them but as you observe, they will be flagged with the “OLD” icon.

Normally all you will find is that the newer component has the same name but perhaps an extra input or two (or sometime a component will be broken down into two or more components with fewer arguments).

I tried your script and didn’t notice it causing any problems in the SAP generation. Can you confirm you have rhino model open with units of metres? Our plugin will scale, so if you’re working in cm or mm, you’ll get a sap 2000 file of a different scale.

What does the rhino command prompt note when you bake to SAP2000? If you can share your sap file (might have to email or zip for forum), I can take a look for other reasons for problems.

Cheers,

Jon