Grasshopper can not find a suitable version of 'karamba.dll'

Hi Team,

I am having some difficulty loading the K3D plugin on my machine. I have tried unblocking the dll and gha, etc, and have tried both MSI and PackageManager methods (making sure not to double up), followed the troubleshooting guide and still no luck.

• Info about the issue:
    Upon loading Grasshopper, the following error occurs:

When placing the K3D Licence component on the canvas, the following error occurs

- Info about my computer and software version:
|Edition|Windows 10 Enterprise|
|Version|21H2|
|Installed on|‎2/‎2/‎2022|
|OS build|19044.2006|
|Experience|Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0|
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
K3D Version 20.2.0.162 via PackageManager

• Things I have already tried:
    MSI installer only
    PackageManager installer only
    Unblocking the zip
    Unblocking the plugin within the Options>Plugin menu
    Troubleshooting guide

Hi,

sorry about that. There was a an issue in the installer that resulted in this error on some machines. We have resolved the issue and you should try to download the latest version from our website/food4rhino which will have no issues.

best,
Matthew

Great, thank you Matthew.

You are referring to the MSI installation method, correct?

Can I assume that there will be an update coming soon to the package manager as well?

Thank you very much

Hi Matthew,

I am having the same issue as Nicolas. I have tried reinstalling both Rhino 7 and Karamba 2.2.0. I attempted to find the latest version on food4rhino, but the Karamba page seems to be missing so I can only use the website. There is no Karamba folder or file in my Grasshopper library folders, though, is this an issue? I also noticed that when launching Grasshopper, the Rhino command prompt returns “Could not set shortcuts in C:\ProgramData\Karamba:” because that folder does not exist.

Do you have any suggestions for how to fix this?
Thanks,
Nicholas

It is already available on the package manager.

Karamba is not installed in the grasshopper folders but in the plugins folder of Rhino. Did you try with the latest download from our website or on the package manager?

I installed using the latest download from your website.

Sorry, it seemed the link was not updating properly. It should reflected now and you should be installing the 2.2.017 version.

Thanks for your help. I’ve tried downloading from your website again, and tried the package manager, but I am still receiving the same error.

Hi All,

Uninstalling and reinstalling from packagemanager worked for me.

Thanks Matthew!

Hi Matthew,

Having a really hard time figuring out why I am still receiving this error. I have tried Nicolas’s solution of uninstalling and reinstalling from packagemanager, but upon launching Grasshopper I still receive the error that was originally posted at the beginning of this thread. I have also tried uninstalling Karamba through the control panel and reinstalling from your website, making sure that there are no Karamba related files in the plugins folder beforehand. Do you have any other solutions?

Hi, can you please check which version you are installing? This error should have been resolved in the 2.2.0.17 version.

The package manager version I am installing is labeled as 2.2.0.17 and the .msi I download from the website is named 2_2_0_17

Hi, can you try uninstalling Karamba altogether. Then proceed to directories: C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Karamba and C:\Users\mattt\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0 to see if there are traces of Karamba left on your machine. Also you can do a search on your c: to see if there are any traces of karamba on your machine and make sure to delete them.

Then please try to reinstall Karamba

Hi Matthew,
I am writing as I am facing the same issue described above by Nicolas. I have entirely deleted, uninstalled and installed again (several times) Karamba and Rhino, but with no success.

Karamba version 2.2.0.17
Rhino 7.24 64-bit

I also tried installing it both from the MSI installer and Package Manager installer only, again with no success.

Then I went back to Karamba version 1.3.3 and that worked fine. But now when I need to collaborate on the Gh scripts made with Karamba 2.2.0 I have all the components missing/ghosted, which is not ideal.

Do you have any idea what else could be tried?

Thank you and wish you a nice day.
Anja

Hi, it might be that you are still having traces of the 1.3.3 version installed on your computer. When you uninstall Karamba make sure that there no files located in the folder I mentioned. Then use the package manager to install the 2.2.0 version.

Hello, I am having an identical issue, I know this thread says that it is resolved, but has anyone else who had the issue actually gotten karamba to load properly?

This is the error result I get in rhino when trying to open karamba in grasshopper

Could not set shortcuts in C:\ProgramData\Karamba:
The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003)

Hi this error does not affect the loading of Karamba. Do you get any error messages when you open Grasshopper?

Hello, thanks for responding. Yes I am attaching the error messages I receive.
I downloaded karamba from the website which presented the issue. So I followed all the steps outlined above including purging all data that could be karamba related off my machine, uninstalled, searched through all my drives, everything detailed above. Then tried installing it through the package manager and have the same issue, repeated the purge of all karamba files. Then tried through food4rhino, same result. Not certain what is left I can try?
Thanks for your help. I would love to get going with this software!
Screenshot 2023-02-13 130648
Screenshot 2023-02-13 130623
Screenshot 2023-02-13 130550