Gradient voronoi

Hi everyone I’m trying to create different patterns of this orthopedic plaster including a growth and decrease of the points on the surface, but I can’t. Do you have any idea how to do it? Do you have original ideas of how I could make this plaster original?
Thank you

[image]

Voronoi cast.gh (13.5 KB)

I love this statement. If we come up with an original idea for you, then it wouldn’t be YOUR original idea in the end, right? :wink:

If you want to use voronoi then its all about how those points are generated. If you want something a bit more distinct, then don’t create points randomly, but change them in some way. Then again voronoi has been used ad infinitum already and it’s going to be very hard to make it “original”.

Gradient voronoi?

I’m not looking at your code but this phrase reminds me of a recent thread where cell size (based on point distribution) was a gradient of sorts, with larger cells at the top or bottom:

Hi Armin, you are actually right, thanks for letting me know. I have been using this software recently, do you know any method of distributing the points that could be effective in this case and above all to check the points that are inserted? do you know any alternatives to voronoi? thanks again for commenting

thank you so much for commenting, I look at the code right away

@steftrop I couldn’t determine easily how to make your existing GH file work so I started from scratch and used the graph mapper technique that @Joseph_Oster showed as well as voxels using the Dendro plugin. I am guessing you want to 3D print the cast and this will get you there nicely… set it up like this

We’ll call the idea “semi-original” :slight_smile:

You didn’t internalize your geometry?

missing

thank you very much for helping

cast model.rar (3.4 MB)

sorry, the file was too heavy and I didn’t realize it was discarded

how can i combine these two algorithms using the pattern in the image?two different.gh (19.1 KB)

@BrianJ @Joseph_Oster

Hi @steftrop,

In the ‘two different’ file, the top section was missing internalized geometry so I’m not sure how that relates but in the lower section some circles are used to densely gather points which ultimately get passed into a Voronoi component. You could try something similar but instead of a planar surface use your 3D cast surface. You might have to get the closest points from the result near but not on the surface too. I think it will take some experimentation on your part to get what you’re after.

You might alternately try using a different graph type like Sine in the approach I showed last if you are looking for repeated gradients in the pattern.

@BrianJ

thaks very much i’ll try