In cycles, after closing the material editor, the GPU seems still remains to be
used. (attached image is GPU usage after closing material window)
- Open materials
- Import material from library.
- Close material editor window.
->GPU still being used.
(this seems to happen if the auto-update is ON for the material)
- to release GPU and material auto-update should pause.
- When re-opening material editor, have the up-to-that-point render shown
in thumbnail and continue to update the material
- Once the render update is done, should cache and no need to update again for that file
(if material saved then the thumbnail should be kept to used for other files,
i.e., auto update should no longer needed after import [perhaps unless user wishes to run update of material], also a manual pause of material update is good to have. )