German commands suddenly missing


#1

I am using Rhino 5.2.4 with german language settings. Since the last minor update I am missing many german commands which were available in earlier versions 5.x.x

Any idea how to get them back?


Rhino 6 for Mac WIP build 6.12.18345.12306
Have German commands been removed in 5.4.2?
(Rodrigo Bárcena) #2

@thomasd

In Rhinoceros, Preferences, Language… is German selected? Or is the language set to “use Mac OS”?


#3

good point.

If I set the language to english, then menu items and commands are in english.

If I set the language to „use mac OS“ which corresponds to "de-CH“ then menu items are in german, commands in english

If i set the language to de (just german, not german for Switzerland) then both menu items and commands are in german

—> I propose that if de-CH is not found, the system should apply de and not en.

Best Regards

Thomas


(Rodrigo Bárcena) #4

@thomasd

Can you get us a full report of your system?
Rhinoceros, About Rhinoceros, More Info, Copy to clipboard… then paste the text directly on an answer on this thread.
Big thanks!


#5

here it is:

Software information

Software versions
Rhinoceros version: 5.2.4 (5C262)
IronPython version: 5.1.2015.131
Language: de
OS X version: Version 10.12.1 (Build 16B2555)

Plug-ins
/Library/Frameworks/3DconnexionClient.framework/Versions/A/3DconnexionClient
/Users/thomas/Library/ColorPickers/RCWebColorPicker.colorPicker/Contents/MacOS/RCWebColorPicker

Third party kernel extensions
org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxDrv (5.0.26) C47FFBAD-20EC-3203-AF08-9E6FA4C5C0BE
com.kairos.driver.DuetDisplay (2) 992536FB-2CEA-33DA-8EAE-1955B546A589
org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxUSB (5.0.26) BA00D956-8C19-360E-9F31-5957AE3E2D88
org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxNetFlt (5.0.26) B09BEE18-08A1-3B8E-AA70-591C702AC702
org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxNetAdp (5.0.26) 9D101030-90D0-3447-8340-CCDD6B58165A
com.parallels.kext.usbconnect (11.2.2 32651) 6996036D-00B1-367C-8702-95DDF4182433
com.parallels.kext.hypervisor (11.2.2 32651) 1E4D9C3F-3A55-3F96-A377-7875345DA4B7
com.parallels.kext.netbridge (11.2.2 32651) E96BCE0A-C480-374F-A9F9-E81D2A631FC2
com.parallels.kext.vnic (11.2.2 32651) 7189C8F0-E8BA-3975-AFF8-2D1DA25E1E87
com.avast.PacketForwarder (2.1) DF6C7E21-ED1D-328A-8285-4B2BB47556BA
com.avast.AvastFileShield (3.0.0) 3AFBF1BE-DB0F-3F1E-B813-68B6F2F79283

Hardware information

Computer hardware
Hardware model: iMac13,2
Processor: Intel Core i5-3470S CPU @ 2.90GHz
Memory: 24 GB
Architecture: Intel 64 bit

Video hardware
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512 MB
Memory: 512 MB
Screen size: 2560 x 1440
Displays: iMac (109dpi 1x)

USB devices
Hama: Card Reader
Iomega: External HD
Apple Inc.: Apple Keyboard
Apple Inc.: FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)
Apple Inc.: Bluetooth USB Host Controller
VIA Labs, Inc. : USB3.0 Hub
Apple Inc.: iPad
3Dconnexion: SpaceNavigator
Logitech: Optical USB Mouse

Bluetooth devices
None

OpenGL information

OpenGL software
OpenGL version: 2.1 NVIDIA-10.12.68 355.10.05.05b16
Render version: 2.1
Shading language: 1.20
Maximum texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-buffer depth: 24 Bit
Maximum viewport size: 16384 x 16384

Implementation settings
Use texture compression: No

Appearance settings
Antialiasing: 4x
Mip map filtering: Nichts
Anisotropic filtering: Nichts


(Rodrigo Bárcena) #6

We have seen this a couple of times, but still haven’t found what’s causing the problem. We will need to investigate further, I’ve set up a bug report here: https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/MR-2962


(Dan Belcher) #7

@thomasd I think this is a good idea.

I was able to reproduce what you are seeing in 5.2.4. I was also able to reproduce this bug in 5.1 and 5.0 - so I think it’s been there since “day one”.

I imagine we would also see this for other regional language variants. I’m glad the workaround is to just switch from “Use MacOS Language” to “German”. We’ll work on getting this fixed for Rhino 6 for Mac.

cc: @Rodri I updated the bug to reflect what I found when investigating.


#8

Dear Thomas
A student of mine told me about the same issue. He claimed:
The Rhino for Mac installer is a bit confusing regarding languages.
The first language-Selection is the language you choose for the installation-Process. - only for the installer itself. Then the language of rhino has to be selected in a later step a second time.

i am using the english version - so i cant verify these steps.
hope that helps
best
tom


(Dan Belcher) #9

This should be fixed in the latest RhinoWIP.