From a closed complex surface into a solid

Hello,
I draw a closed curve ex.3dm (4.6 MB), and now I tried to generate a 3D object from it. First, I try to create a surface, but as the curve is a little complex, I already struggle and split the curve into several piece before using “Patch” to create surfaces. The issue is that I can not join all the surface as they do not intersect correctly. Also, I would like to generate from this surface a 3D structure, but I don’t know what the best way would be (something that looks natural/organic without straight angles).

It looks like a simple problem but for which I miss some knowledge. Any insights would be very helpful :blush:.

Thank you so much!

It looks like a complex problem to model. It looks like there are overlapping surfaces which can make things tricky. Do you have a sketch of the final result you desire?

Hi @cam
Looking at the pictures embedded in your file - if the desired outcome is the almost tree-/branch-like structure shown - you might want to take a look at the Multipipe (and Sub-D in general) in the Rhino V7 WIP. It’s gonna take a lot of pushing points around if you need to be precise, but you should be able to get there.
HTH, Jakob

Hi @Normand! Thank you very much for your help! I just tried to download RHino V7 WIP, but it does not work for now. I’ll keep this in mind, but if you have any ideas on how to “sweep” rails with rails that intersects, that would help a lot. @Ncik, yes exactly and sorry but I don’t have any image of the desired results, it should be 3D and organic :).

Many thanks for your help!